Interview with Mr. Ignatius

An interview with Mr. Ignatius was carried out by the Optimist. Mr.Ignatius has been with Malacca High School for almost seven years and will be retiring soon in 1992.

Optimist: Sir, how long have you been in the teaching profession and how many years have you spent in MHS ?

Ignatius: I started teaching in Melaka in 1960 when I first taught in Alor Gajah Trade School. I was there for 2 years before being transferred to St. Francis Institution in 1962. I taught there for almost 24 years before being transferred here in 1986, and until my retirement next year, would have been in Malacca High School for almost 7 years.

Optimist: After having been in MHS for quite a long while, what do you think of the school and her family ?

Ignatius: Well, MHS is very large and there are many pupils here. Thinking back on the first school I started teaching in, there were only 135 pupils in the school. Those were the days which I look back fondly at.

Optimist: Sir, are you and old boy of MHS ?

Ignatius: No, I'm actually from St. John's Institution in Kuala Lumpur.

Optimist: Then, how did you end up in Melaka ?

Ignatius: Well, I got married to a Melaka girl and somehow grew to love Melaka so much it's like my own hometown now. Although I'm not an old boy of the school, I still treat MHS as my second home.

Optimist: Have you been teaching Mathematics all this while or have you taught other subjects before ?

Ignatius: I'm actually trained to teach science but only taught the subject for 2 years - that was when I was at the Alor Gajah Trade School. After my transfer to SFI and then MHS, I have been teaching Mathematics eversince. Beside this subject, I do also teach English.

Optimist: What your future plans when you retire from teaching next year, Sir ?

.....more at the Optimist.


Interviewed by JC 


Comments

Popular Posts