RETIREMENT

This chapter of my life will soon come to a close,
Time beckons me on, soon I have to go.
Photos to look at as the past events unfold
And thoughts of you all will keep my heart aglow.

Happy are the retirees who can afford to go slow
Special treatment you get, your Kad Pesara show.
Eat healthy food, to keep your cholesterol low,
Your age will increase but you won't feel old.

What about those who have many more years to go ?
Be courageous and resilient, you'll learn and grow,
For the love of teaching, you must continue to shine
Remember you untiring efforts will not go unrecognised
More challenges await you, as you go thro' the grind.

Pada Hari Isnin, TKS sangat susah hati
Tengok sini, tengok sana, Guru Kanan mana pergi...
Mazlan dan Meng Hui akan dia temani.
Tak kisah siapa datang, dia kekal sebagai ketua GKMP.

From Monday morning, Boon Poh and I very happy,
No more meetings, or to fill your Borang Prestasi,
But we'll miss you, we still value your company
Give us a call, if you're stressed out and angry,
We'll talk things over a cup of Ginseng tea.

From Mondays onwards, I'll join the ranks of the retirees
Come 07, I see Mr. Choo and Chew Lai waiting so eagerly,
Come 09 not one but 9 more will flee
Teo will have his hands full, the busy Bumble Bee
Organizing more dinners and collecting more money.

Many have asked me what my plan of action is
Will meet up with old friends to maintain good relations
Busy with work, kitchen needs renovation
Mother will be 80 that calls for a celebration
Daughter will be back with a new addition
After that, go to Winterland for 7 weeks of hibernation
Come 07, I'll wait with expectation
Whatever comes my way
I thank God for his ample provisions.

by Pn. HHG


Comments

Popular Posts