Lost In Cyberspace

"Yes ! Yes ! Yes ! I'm getting my computer today. Yeehah !" I exclaimed as I was talking to Vincent. "Sorry, It's the first time I'm getting a computer so I'm very excited," I said again in a more sober tone. "Oh, It's all right. Well, I've got to go now. My bus is here," said Vincent as he boarded the bus. "But if you have any problem, call me, I'll be in," he said again as the bus was starting to move.


With the bus out of sight, I headed for home. "Now, how will the computer affect my life ?" I thought as  I was walking towards his car. I knew that the computer was in the house.


I rushed into the house as quickly as I could and went into my room. Yes ! It was there. I quickly switched it on and checked every programme that was in it until I stumbled upon one peculiar programme.


C:\CD SERVOX
C:\SERVOX>DIR.EXE
C:\SERVOX>Active.exe.


"Hmm, that's odd, "I thought as I typed in the execution key. "Arrgh !" I shouted as I felt electricity tingle around me. "Oooh, my head," I said in a state of sleepiness. As I got up, I noticed that I was clad in some sort of armour and the area around me was like some electronic dome.


"Servox, you have come ! Now, meet your death !!" screamed a very strange looking creature. He looked as if he came straight out of a horror movie. "Kaboom !!" I flew back as he hit me with an energy beam from his chest.


Then, came a battery of punches which made me fly further and further. This scene looked all too familiar like Ultraman shows except in this battle, I deduced, was in cyberspace. Blow after blow, I was thinking how to get out of this predicament. In a flash, there was thought in my head, "Get your shields up," and I managed to. "How in the world did I do that ?" was the thought that went through my mind suddenly, the monster in front of me suddenly, exploded and behind him was another being which looked like me.


"There, that wasn't too hard, wasn't it Daniel ?" I gasped in shock as the being called. "What's the matter, Daniel ?" It's me, Vincent !!" I took a step back as I recoiled in horror. "Vince, is that ...," then I felt a splash of water on my face. "Huhh ! Bleach ! What the devil ? !!!" I shouted as I opened my eyes. It was Vincent but in human form. "Hey, you all right ? Careful, just had an electric shock so don't move," he said. "Hmm, it seem your computer wasn't insulated. Looks like your computer dealer will have to come back and fix it," he said again.


Hearing those words, I was relieved that it was all just a dream. The scared thought of getting lost in cyberspace the living daylights out of me and till today, it still does.


SSL 4S2

Comments

Popular Posts